PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a very popular and widely used open source server-side scripting language for writing dynamically generated web pages. PHP was originally created in 1994 by Rasmus Lerdorf. It was initially known as Personal Home Page.
NOTE:- PHP is the most popular server-side scripting language for creating dynamic web pages.and 92% of the websites is developed
Why do we use php ?
- We are lot more things you can do with PHP.
- We can generate pages and files dynamically.
- We can create, open, read, write and close files on the server.
- We can collect data from a web form such as user information, email, phone no, etc.
- We can send emails,sms to the users of your website.
- We can send and receive cookies to track the visitor of your website.
- We can store, delete, and modify information in your database. (CRUD)
- We can restrict unauthorized access to your website.
- We can encrypt data for safe transmission over internet. and etc ..............
NOTE :- The list does not end here, there are many other interesting things and logical that you can do with PHP. You will learn about all of them in detail in upcoming chapters
PHP is an amazing and popular language !
- It is powerful enough to be at the core of the biggest blogging system on the web (WordPress) !
- It is deep enough to run the largest social network (Facebook) etc!
- It is also easy enough to be a beginner's first server side language!
What This Tutorial Covers In ?
This PHP tutorials series covers all the PHP fundamental programming concepts, including data types, operators, creating and using variables, generating outputs, structuring your code to make decisions in your programs or to loop over the same block of code multiple times, creating and manipulating strings and array, defining and function create and functions calling , and so on.